Monday 29 November 2010

Voiceover Script and Storyboard

We also don't have enough footage for the film to make sense, and think it would look really good if we had some accompanying footage to go with it. This can add a whole new story to the film. Our film is going to be about one of the children who has grown up a bit, she is now in her late teens and is moving in with her boyfriend. She finds the dolls when she is packing up her things to move out, and it brings back a memory. 

The memory will be the old footage we had, and we will record new footage. It will be simple footage that won't take too long to edit as we really don't have that much time left.

As we've decided to record a voiceover, Sam and I wrote a script for it:



It’s the 10th of October, 2010, and today I’m moving in with my boyfriend.

I was going through my old boxes and I found my dolls that I haven’t seen for years. It made me think. Reminded me of how Mum always used to take me and my sister to the park. Like this one time in particular:

We went to see the ducks first, like we always did, threw bread for them and laughed. We had fun. After that, Mum took us to find a bench so we could play with our toys.

I remembered the sound of the big lawnmower thing, and the leaves in the wind.

It was a pretty long walk to the bench, but we didn’t mind, we were only young. We wanted to play with our dolls of course. My memory gets a bit fuzzy now though... I don’t remember exactly what we made them say. There was one thing I will never forget though... Anyway. Mum played dolls with us for a bit.

But then the phone rang. We didn’t mind though, we were oblivious to everything. It was so much fun playing with our dolls, making them fight. Over silly things of course.

That’s what it was like at home.

Me and my sister didn’t realise mums and dads weren’t supposed to fight. They’re meant to love each other, unconditionally. We didn’t understand though, we thought it was normal. Then we grew up.

Mum always acted so happy around us, even though she was... hurt. She had a bruised eye that day, I’ll never forget that.

I have a bruised eye now... I know what its like, the pain she went thought, all for love, and there’s nothing I can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment